Saturday, October 23, 2010


As usual! It's been a while since I updated so here's the scoop!

WLJ is still in affect and now more than ever! A few weeks ago I recommitted myself (how many times is this now?) and have seen great results so far - proving if you really work the program - it really works. A month ago I was maintaining around 153/154 now I'm hovering somewhere around 150 and hoping to see the big 149 OR LESS on Monday when I weigh in! Today I scale peeked and was at 149.8 and was so elated it gave me such a boost for the whole morning and kept me on track for the menu I had planned (instead of grabbing a ham and cheese croissant which is oh-so-tempting at Au Bon Pain in the ferry terminal).

In other news October is almost over - already! This is disappointing since it's pretty much my favorite month. Warrior Dash was on the 10th and I had a blast! While my training for it didn't go exactly as I planned (surprise surprise) I was still able to finish in under an hour - which pleases me even though most people in our group finished in like 30-40 minutes. Dan, who eventually signed up insisted from the beginning, that he didn't need to train and "running is easy" didn't do quite as well as HE hoped. I ended up catching up to him and our friend Ryan about 1/4 the way through the race and we stuck together the rest of the way which was kinda nice. The pictures from that day rule! What pleased me most though was that our entire group (about 15 people) ALL had a FANTASTIC time and everyone immediately agreed to doing it again next year! So June 2011 Warrior Dash - here we come!


I feel really good and finally like everything is on track - I finally finished putting all the pieces together and started my Etsy cookie shop - AND I got my first order on Monday so I've been spending the entire week baking, icing and packaging. Dan is, definitely, annoyed that the kitchen countertop hasn't been visible in weeks - what with all the baking pans and cooling racks and icing spills. But I'm sure the happier spirited girlfriend is well worth the mess :). Dan and I take vacation next week and I'm very excited.

Etsy
HighScoreSweets

The whole week is going to be full of exercising, costume making and pumpkin carving - can't wait!!

Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment