Monday, August 9, 2010

Lots to update!! = )


So I dropped the ball...= (
In more ways than one!
I did NOT meet goal before going to Mexico and have NOT updated this in forever!

However, NOW I am checking in and back OP.
First things first -- Mexico was AWESOME!! I had such a blast and decided to simply not let the fact that I did not hit goal effect my vacation and get me down. Plus we got 5 nights free to go back within the next year and decided our next trip there will be during the winter right after the new year -- so now I have something to work for again since my birthday is around that time too = )

Next up, I am happy to report that just because my vacation has come and gone does NOT mean I have given up my WW goals. In fact, once I got back (and found out I only gained .6 pounds on vacation - isn't that impossible?!) I amped up my efforts and have started losing again. I bought a new heart rate monitor which I am jumping at the bit to use (first time today!) and decided to do a 5K to get myself motivated for something.

One of the girls on the WW Message Boards (thanks again, Jerzey@Heart!) posted a link up for something called the Warrior Dash! Something that I am not SUPER PUMPED about and recruited about 8 of my friends for. It is basically a standard 5K BUT with obstacles along the way, like jogging up hills, through the woods, climbing through mud under barbed wire and climbing up cargo nets. I am totally jazzed and am starting my Couch to 5K program tonight since I only have EXACTLY 9 weeks to get prepped! ::fingers crossed:: Even if I don't "win" I am still excited to participate and train and while I couldn't get the boy to register and run with me, he is going to be there with bells on (and beers in hand) to cheer me on as I crawl through mud, jump over burning logs and cross the finish line! = )

Can you tell I'm excited?

Last note -- on a not really WW related front, I started a project within the past week I have been eager too for a while and am happy to report that it is starting to stand on its (very) baby legs! I have been wanting to start an etsy shop dedicated to cookies for parties and such and made my first real batch for my nephews christening - and I think they came out pretty adorable = ).
I will be putting pictures up on my etsy shop today and start pricing things so check it out and check back often for more stuff since it is DEF a work in progress (and HARD work to make all the cookies without eating the finished results!!). Plus if you know anyone who needs something like this -- hook a sister up and let them know = )

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HighScoreSweets?ga_search_query=high+score+sweets&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

(It's called high score sweets because eventually most of the merch will be video game/geek culture based...but teddy bears, rocking horses and baby onesies never hurt anybody!)

No comments:

Post a Comment